Thursday, December 9, 2010

(I'M LOOKING) DIRECTLY AT YOU

I saw you quiet and subdued.  But I didn't know why.  Beauty struck me and I thought you knew.  Others knew. A tease of sorts.  A game player.  Someone to seek but not to catch.  But inside you were more than humble.  understated love for self.  Overstated for others.  Love never found you, not even with me.  What I thought I could handle no longer intrigued me.  But annoyed me. The potential of you was now lost in the world. You ignorant to its whereabouts. Which is another reason why I promised to let go all thoughts of you. Unable to unravel the mystery of your mind. Actions seemingly contradictory.  I can't waste time on you when they are available, eager, tender, ready.  No one could match your heart but then again it would never be mine so how would I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment